“My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require” – Edward Elgar 4
Inspiration & Excellence
During 2012 Tim was commissioned to create two major pieces of music educational work for English National Opera, aimed at secondary school aged students as follows:
The elements of music.
- How is music put together?
- How do you make music sound happy, sad, scary or relaxing?
Instruments of the orchestra
- What are the different sections of an orchestra?
- What’s the difference between a violin and a viola?
- Tuned and untuned percussion – what’s that?!
The work involved writing all copy and and preparing audio clips for ENO’s fantastic web-based music education site operasquad.com that answers these and many, many more questions. Whether you are an interested adult or a student cramming for a music test or exam, this site can help you. It really is a fantastic resource and can be found here.
This is negotiable based on the project; this work is usually charged by the hour or day, depending on the nature of the work.