York Keyboard School
York Keyboard School runs group keyboard lessons in five primary schools in York. The curriculum is innovative and fun.
The benefits of York Keyboard School lessons in your school include:
• We provide all music (up to ABRSM Preparatory Test level), Practice Diaries and a Music Bag for all students
• By arrangement we can also provide keyboards and equipment for lessons
• The repertoire we provide is tried and tested for primary school age children. We update it on a regular basis to ensure the curriculum remains fun and enjoyable
• Parents are often keen for their child to learn keyboard whilst at school
• All YKS teachers have enhanced DBS clearance
• We love to encourage students to enter for ABRSM examinations (when they are ready of course). YKS students successfully take ABRSM examinations in most terms
• Our course of study encourages students to learn piano playing skills on the keyboard. This includes reading both treble and bass clefs rather than following the more limited ‘one finger’ approaches of some keyboard courses
• Keyboard students, generally, love to perform to their friends. We, therefore, run keyboard assemblies where students have the opportunity to perform and, hopefully, spark an interest in musical learning in their friends.
All we need is a mutually convenient day and time during the week for lessons, a room to teach in and some storage provision for our teaching and learning resources. For more information please send a message to Tim below.